After being the pursuer, the sexual chaser in a relationship for over 4 or 5 years, it gets old. You want to be pursued, adored, wanted and chased. It’s healthy to have both partners desire one another, and take turns. It’s healthy if one pursues and initiates connection one time, then the next time the partner takes the lead. But, if one partner always takes the lead, and the only way the connection actually happens is if they must maintain taking the lead, there is no balance. Perhaps they will be glad and excited to do it for a while, but after years of being the chaser, it gets exhausting, depleting, and somewhat degrading of one’s self value and worth.
Getting to the source of why your partner won’t pursue you would of course be a breakthrough, however, that partner must be doing their own personal work for any revelation or transformation to happen. If you have to continue to be the rock that keeps things going, the source of passion, the leader in keeping it together, what eventually happens when you need nourishment, motivation, support, love, comfort and someone to fill you up to give you the motivation and balance your own energetic life force?
Perhaps there was an agreement of polyamory, and keeping the relationship open was ok, however, your ship for sailing and pursuing others sunk to the bottom of the ocean and you had no motivation left in you. Perhaps your heart became frozen; locked. Perhaps what you wanted was to be with your primary partner, and having that balanced would create the opening so that extra partners would be able to fall in gracefully to harmonize the rest of you. So that foundation relationship, the main one, the source, being broken, or unbalanced, creates a ripple effect of unbalance everywhere else too! And all those extra partners, the secondary ones, or very occasional get togethers, don’t experience your true heart, because the one you loved the most locked it with his key. And the only way it was able to be open was through him; connecting to him fully, or letting him go completely! And neither was an option. You were stuck in limbo, never connecting fully, nor either letting him go.
If you didn’t want to let him go, all those other connections were waiting. You knew they were there. They knew you were there, but something was missing, no spark of passion, no desires, and an empty portal of darkness filled its place.
So, you kept trying to pursue him, even passively, putting out the energy, the signals, the conversations, the meetings, but that part of you that got fed up with always being the seductress died when he stopped giving you his love, when he put up a wall to being the leader, a man who chases and stands strong for his woman and not giving up on her, and your feelings of value were removed.
A Womanizers Manipulative Techniques:
(Titles of bullets taken from The Manipulative Man)
- Blaming: He says, “I am ok!” Wanting affection, connection, and intimacy is considered smothering in their eyes, needy and co-dependent.
- Shrew: Your desires are too unreasonable for them, and your expectations are always too high.
- Exaggeration and lying: He always complains that he is tired, overworked and doesn’t have the energy, and if he is late or doesn’t have time to reach out or call its not his fault. (I have lots of stories about this one. Many times he showed up tired, and would pass out on the couch or mat, often an hour late. If I tried to wake him up to cuddle or connect he would grumble, growl or complain. If I asked what he was upset about, he would also grumble, growl and complain, and often storm out like a temper tantrum. I never knew what his problem was, but it was annoying and frustrating and it got old).
- Exploiting negative beliefs: If you start doubting that your feelings are valid, he will reassure you that you are wrong for having normal needs and that it is you, not them that is unbalanced. (Even if you have professional therapists, coaches, or other healers validate you that you are right, he will diminish them also, justifying why they are wrong, and add all of you to his list of people that aren’t taking his side, or loving him unconditionally for whining or being a bully).
- Exploiting emotions and intimidating: You start to become afraid of the manipulators anger, and stop asking for your needs, or setting firm limits or boundaries. (And often this sets you up to being repressed emotionally, sexually and also spiritually. You try to do whatever you can to keep him happy. But, he will NEVER be happy no matter what you do, or how long you wait!)
You wanted him to chase you! You wanted him to show you that he cared. You wanted his love. You felt it before, and knew it was in there, hiding. But he only made it visible and known when he felt like it, like a temperamental cat. Was he a cat? you thought! No, he was a stupid human, and why did he have to be so damn sexy and hot? You wonder if all sexy and good looking guys are manipulators and abusers. You start thinking that might be the case. But this one was connected to you like glue, and you couldn’t get him off of you, for a really long time anyway. So, you kept trying. You kept reaching out. You kept being nice! But you were wrung dry. Your pot of niceness and sexual favors of giving withered up and died. You wanted to be seduced yourself! You wanted to be enamored, tasted, flavored with your favorite dressing, but you wanted it to be from him! Not some other person; not some stranger, or someone you were scheduled to help. It was you, who needed to receive! And your energy of giving was almost like a deep dark black hole. It had withered. It lost its scales. It lost its spark. And, it took a very powerful experience to stop the cycle of trying to be seduced by someone who would never ever give of himself, never lift a selfless deed, or make himself available to be of service (nurturing and healing that is), to any woman, or even any friend. He was, like a ghost, empty, death; your personal vampire servant; only here to suck you dry, and was always captivated to suck you more!